Friday, February 12, 2010

Gong Xi Fa Cai


Good morning all! I'm heading back to my hometown later on! I wont be coming online for few days unless I manage to get internet connection at my hometown, Malacca! Have a great holiday everyone!

And not forgetting, piggyvic.blogspot.com would like to wish everyone a HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR! Have a great time spending with your loved on this once a year festival!


2010 is definitely a year of the tiger. Aint sure on which tiger element do you fall in? Check out on the following dates :

*Courtesy of wikipedia*
8 February 1902 - 28 January 1903: Water Tiger
26 January 1914 - 13 February 1915: Wood Tiger
13 February 1926 - 1 February 1927: FireTiger
31 January 1938 - 18 February 1939: Earth Tiger
17 February 1950 - 5 February 1951: Metal Tiger
5 February 1962 - 24 January 1963: Water Tiger
23 January 1974 - 10 February 1975: Wood Tiger
9 February 1986 - 28 January 1987: Fire Tiger
28 January 1998 - 15 February 1999: Earth Tiger
14 February 2010 - 2 February 2011: Metal Tiger


As i mention before through my twitter, I said that among all festival, I like CNY the most. Haven't follow me in twitter but want to know my updates? Do follow me here :))

I would like to share with everyone on why do I like CNY the most!

1. Mandarin Oranges

Indeed, mandarin oranges are semi seasonal which basically we are able to eat them during CNY! I can eat approximately 15-20 oranges per day! In addition, mandarin oranges are considered traditional symbols of abundance and good fortune.

2. Lion Dance

When I was younger, I was super afraid of lion dance like everyone does right. But as I grow older, I'm in love with lion dance. I like the sound of the drums, gongs and cymbals! Besides that, I like to go to lion dance competition which I only managed to go to one which was held in Genting.

3. Cookies

Omg, how seldom do you manage to eat pineapple tarts or some other cookies? Yes, pretty seldom. Only during festivals such as CNY or Hari Raya. For me, cookies are one of the best food because there are variety of them which you can grab them and satisfy your tummy whenever you visit a relative's house.

4. Red Packet/Ang pao


Who do love ang pao you tell me? Okay, everyone loves ang pao right!! Ang pao is definitely not the main reason why I love CNY. And do you know that the red colour of the ang pao symbolizes good luck and is supposed to ward off evil spirits?? Now you know.


5. CNY Decoration

I love to see decorations! CNY decorations are the nicest decoration for me *maybe cause I love CNY*. Everywhere has different type of CNY decorations. CNY decorations make me happy and excited to celebrate CNY. Furthermore, most CNY decorations are in red.


Lastly, the main reason why I love CNY is because I'm able to meet all the relatives and also some of the unfamiliar faces of the relatives. Having family reunion together with the relatives will be the best dinner of all. Bonding session, gambling session and chit chat session with the family are also the best moments for me. Oh ya, in case you dint know, I'm more to a family girl. Family will always be my priority.



So what about you? Do you like CNY or other festival the most? Wanna share? Sharing is always caring :P


Besides that, if there are any grammar or whatever mistake, pls forgive me because I did this post in a rush! Till then!